2010년 11월 3일 수요일

scientist

Music has always been a large part of my life. I played flute and participated in the Washington DC youth orchestra for a year i was in the states(i was 12). I was in the hiphop crew during my middle and high school years in Korea. In college, I was in a rock band and played drum. Karaoke is the last and almost the main part that concludes my friends gathering.

Ungratefully, my ipods(classic 80g and nano 1g) slept in the drawer for some time rescently. what was the matter? i can't really point at the reason, but the closest answer would be that i was caught up by the life. yes, like everybody living in 21st century is, busy. music's too slow and even annoying for busy person who can't spare 5 minutes to give someone's beautiful poem and well coordinated beats some attention.

It was a single song that brought me back to the music. Coldplay - scientist. i came across the song that was played automatically on a blog of an annoymous during a research.
last weekend in seoul, i went out early for an appointment, picked up a carmomile blend tea and sat on a busy subway station with headphone that played scientist again and again. during the hour, it was as if the time had stopped and felt absolutely, amazingly relaxing. everyone rushing. me stopping.

materialism, plastic surgeries, boutique cosmetics, luxury purses, girl groups,,,, but less love, less kiss.
if you reach the top place that you longed for, would you be satisfied? was cinderella uncomparably happy? maybe we are merely a target. for the markeing companies. and wasting our precious feelings on the attractive themes companies spread out. instead of significant people around us.

how do you feel listening to chris martin who is married to Pepper Potts(someone that any man would do anything just to talk, or is it just me?^^) sing "oh take me back to the start"

wouldn't it be a miracle to have busy people in the subway station on the kill-hills say"i'm going back to the start".
really, there's no taking back the time, but you can surely go back to the start. start from now, this present time. it's simple, easy, and every single child do that, even today.

conclusion: life's good. seize it!

maybe you can take afive minute break with the song^^
oh, yes the name of the band i played in is carpe diem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjPrdTNxQ0

댓글 3개:

  1. Oh, here's another person who likes music! Going to Noraebang is my utmost happiness in my life.:) I often go there alone to practice :P

    답글삭제
  2. I saw your band's poster, carpe diem!
    wish I can go to ur concert some day
    @Lisa: I like the idea of going along to Noraebang haha. it would be interesting

    답글삭제